Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Zepbound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zepbound

Hi, I’m currently breastfeeding my 16m old (trying to wean) and wanted to start Zepbound. Has anyone sent in their milk and it’s been tested to be safe? Thanks !

Hello! We are currently evaluating milk samples, but do not have any information to release yet. You can read Dr. Krutch's thoughts on this class of medications in the link I have attached. Since your baby is older and is not relying on your milk for their primary nutrition anymore, it is likely safe. We worry more in months 1-12 since we are not sure yet if these medications will compromise the quality and quantity of breastmilk. We are hoping to have more information this year! Good luck on the remainder of your journey and great job making it this far!

Nichole Campbell, MSN, APRN, NP-C
    Find the top health care books on counseling, gerontology, nursing, healthcare administration, psychology, public health, rehabilitation & social work

Comment

Working...
    X