Each year, 4.3 million mothers will give birth to an infant in the U.S. and 76% go on to breastfeed their infant. Essentially all of them will take at least one medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Our center recieves up to 75 calls per day from everywhere in the world. Our purpose is to help moms have safe pregnancies, and safe breastfeeding while using medications.
- Develop new research on the transmission of newly released drugs into human milk.
- Develop new research on the transmission of Cannabis products into human milk.
- Develop new research on the endocannabinoids found in human milk. What are they doing there?
- Train new physicians and pharmacists in Breastfeeding Medicine.
- Train medical, pharmacy and nursing students in Breastfeeding Medicine.
- Develop a new set of training video modules for healthcare professionals.
- Increase the number of calls we can support from moms and healthcare providers.
- Help more moms to continue breastfeeding safely.