Tablet Etoshine MR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet Etoshine MR

I have taken 3 tablets of Etoshine MR containing etoricoxib and thiocolchicoside. I am a lactating mother of a 4 month old baby. Can it affect the baby at this dose?

There are no studies published that specifically examine the transfer of thiocolchicoside into breastmilk. However, there are several properties of the drug that suggest it may safe in a breastfeeding woman, however, it is generally not recommended to use while nursing. The molecular weight is >400, which generally means that it will have a hard time crossing the lactocyte barrier and entering the milk. Additionally, the oral bioavailability is only about 25% which means that any drug in the breastmilk will be poorly absorbed by the baby. At therapeutic doses, this drug can lower a person's seizure threshold and exacerbate a pre-existing seizure disorder. There are some recent reports of young infants having seizures when exposed to this in breast milk suggesting it may transfer more than it appears, and again we do not have data to support its safety.

​Etoricoxib​ will transfer to milk in low amounts, but you can avoid the maximum transfer by waiting 4 hours after your last dose to nurse or pump again.

I recommend avoiding taking more than one tablet at a time, as this does increase the risk of transfer and is generally over the prescribed amount per dosage with this medication. Please let us know if you have additional questions. Thank you.

Comment

I took 3 tablets in span of 2 days. Can it have any adverse effect on baby at this dose? I am having severe back pain. I have already taken almost 20 tablets of diclofenac 50 mg, 10 days back. I am currently trying to control back pain through paracetamol. Can I take diclofenac if pain is sever, considering I have taken lot of tablets before?

Comment

Working...
      X