Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semaglutide

Hi,

I am currently breastfeeding my daughter who is 17 months old. She gets regular whole milk in addition to my breastmilk. I am trying to wean her but am torn between letting her continue to breastfeed once or twice a day until she is 2 (per new AAP guidelines) and starting semaglutide that has been prescribed by my OB. My OB essentially said there wasn’t evidence so it was up to me on if I wait or not. I know there is no official published studies yet, but was hoping you had some updated info! I will add I am more concerned about it harming my baby, not worried about decrease in milk supply, etc. as she gets most of her nutrition from elsewhere. I fall in the obese category now and never have before, so trying to weigh the risk/benefit of being overweight and the consequences that come with that and the positive benefits of breastfeeding.

Hi Megan,

I suggest you look at this article, it is the most current opinion I have. It sounds like your toddler wouldn't be exposed to much drug via milk regardless.

[url]https://www.springerpub.com/blog/fighting-misinformation-on-weight-loss-drugs-the-affect-on-breastfeeding-moms/[/url]

Comment

Hi Megan! May I please ask if you decided to start semaglutide while breastfeeding? My daughter is 17 months and I am in the same predicament that you wrote about. I’d love to hear your experience. Thank you!

A

Comment

Working...
      X