This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Vitamins

Hello! I am currently taking a lot of vitamins everyday and I was just wandering which ones are safe during pregnancy. Below is a list of the vitamins I take:

Vitamin B
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D
    Kelp
    St Johns Wort
    Garcinia Cambogia
    Cranberry Pill
    Probiotic
    Resvertrol
    Charcoal
    Fiber
    Fenugreek
    Cruciferous Vegetable

Thank you for your help!

Hi, thanks for your post.

The following are safe during pregnancy when taken in reasonable amounts: Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Cranberry Pill, Probiotic, Resvertrol, Charcoal, Fiber, Cruciferous Vegetable.

Kelp is a potent source of iodine. Do not exceed the US RDA for iodine while pregnant (220 micrograms/day).

Fenugreek is potentially unsafe because it can stimulate the muscles of the uterus.

St. John's Wort has animal research suggesting it is capable of causing birth defects. Animal research is not always predictive of human response.

Garcinia cambogia lacks sufficient evidence to say one way or the other. As a general rule, one should not take more of an herb or vitamin than would be found in a typical diet.

For anyone reading this, please post again or call us at the InfantRisk Center, (806)352-2519, if this has not completely answered your question. I would also appreciate you filling out a 2 minute survey about your time on the forum:

https://tthsclubbock.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bJzhyKVSivVkQZL&Counselor=Web

-James Abbey, MD

Comment

Working...
    X