Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Cortisone Shot during Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortisone Shot during Pregnancy

I am 36 weeks pregnant and have what appears to be tendonitis in the top of my left foot. I am having significant trouble walking and some swelling. I am on day 5 of this with little improvement. I have an appointment with a podiatrist on Tuesday. I have already been trying resting the foot, elevation, ice packs, and Tylenol (but very limited on that one). I have also been trying to stretch the calf as I have been told this can be a cause. Basically I have done everything that doesn't involve some medication. I know a cortisone shot is a common treatment for this, but am wondering about safety for the baby as well as any effect it might have on labor/when baby will come, if any. I look forward to your reply. Thanks!

ckthom,

A single cortisone shot in your foot late in pregnancy is probably ok.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
    X