Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexium use in lactating mothers

Hi,

I have a patient that is asking about the risks of nexium for the infant with a mother who is breast feeding. She was concerned as the pharmacy paperwork says not the take the medicine if breast feeding. My database states that there are no studies, the medication website states that there was tumorgenicity in rats and recommends risk benefit analysis . Any insight would be helpful?

Jared

Comment

Dr. Hale

Thanks for the response and input. What are your thoughts concerning nexium use during pregnancy for the fetus?

Jared

Comment

nexium should not be taken without doctor consultation. FDA have given B rating to this drug which indicate its not harmful for fetus and its development. This medication has not shown any symtoms of passing through mother milk to baby.

Comment

Has the post from Dr Hale been intentionally deleted? There used to be a post in these forums about taking 40mg of nexium twice a day while breastfeeding and I can no longer find it. I did this after my last pregnancy and need to again due to extra reflux during pregnancy.

Comment

Working...
          X