Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Vyvanse 40 mg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vyvanse 40 mg

I took vyvanse 40 mg the first five weeks of my pregnancy. Then I immediately stopped once finding out I was pregnant. I took it again at 18 weeks twice in a week. I want to know if I am at risk for autism with my child. I am currently 22 weeks and my anatomy scan showed everything normal but obviously autism is not seen on a brain scan and won’t be detected until later. Please tell me my risk for autism being that I took it during such a vital time. Also, does the placenta protect the fetus from receiving the vyvanse at all? Please help as I am very worried and stressed.

Caroline:

I think the risk of Autism spectrum disorder is exceedingly low. Most think it is a genetic disorder. We don't know for sure ANY correlation between autism spectrum disorder and amphetamines.

I can't find any data that suggests a link between the two. We know that amphetamines may, particularly illicit ones, may lead to an increased risk of premature birth and low birth weight; newborns may experience symptoms of withdrawal. Behavioral problems may also occur later in childhood. But again, this may be genetic.

I think you should relax and enjoy your pregnancy and new child.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Comment

Working...
    X