Med question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Med question

I have a quesstion regarding medications I was taking for anxiety/depression. I am now 13 weeks pregnant. I was taking 200 mg zoloft, vistiril, 1 mg klonopin (TID), and 150 mg trazadone (mainly for sleep). I stopped them all when I found out I was pregnant. My anxiety has gotten pretty bad. My main problem is general anxiety and eating disorder (recovering from anorexia) but still struggling. Since stopping the meds, the anxiety has built back up pretty bad. I think we had found a pretty good combo with the zoloft and especially the klonopin. i know I cannot take the klonopin now. I know the risk is greater in the first trimester with the zoloft. What are the risks now. What is the best to take? If I am able to breast feed, can I take any of them at that time? Can I take the klonopin safely while breastfeeding?

ahc:

First, stopping all these meds was a bad mistake. You should have conferred with your obstetrician first. Depression and anxiety rebound seriously during pregnancy, and you should have stayed on them. These meds are generally considered safe for use during pregnancy, MUCH safer than untreated depression and anxiety.

I urge you to talk with your physician now, and get back on proper therapy.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. My OB actually had me stop the klonopin, the others I stopped. So, in your opinion, klonopin is ok?

Comment

Originally posted by ahc View Post
        Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. My OB actually had me stop the klonopin, the others I stopped. So, in your opinion, klonopin is ok?
        I think you should consult your doctor about this. Doctor would know best.

Comment

I agree with all the replies above that you should see physician to get advise.

Comment

Working...
          X