Lamictal, Buspar, Seroquel XR, Vistaril, and worried about withdraws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamictal, Buspar, Seroquel XR, Vistaril, and worried about withdraws

I'm kinda worried about my baby. I started this pregnancy on 200mg of Lamictal in the morning and 50mg of Seroquel at night, with Vistaril as needed for panic attacks. Late second trimester we traded out the Seroquel for Seroquel XR 300mg and then added Buspar 15mg 3/day.

Every attempt to try and discuss the safety of these or any meds with my prescriber ends with all of them are bad, we can't test anything on pregnant women for ethics reasons, you and your obstetrician just don't understand because you aren't in this field, etc. The research he did on the Buspar before putting me on it consisted of a quick Google search on his cell phone before handing me a script. He also wants me and every other patient he has on Silexan (lavender supplement), fish oil supplement, and 2000mg of N Acetyl Cysteine daily(I seriously started doubting my prescriber because of that one).

With the circumstances I'm under, this med cocktail has been about the only thing that's worked for me to stay level enough to parent my other child, but at 33 weeks I'm really concerned about what to look for after this child is born. My last kid about died because we didn't know about jaundice and I'm terrified of something happening like that again because I won't know what to look out for. I also don't trust what my prescriber is telling me about how once I start breastfeeding I can use anything as long as the baby doesn't seem to be reacting oddly to it.
Working...
X