X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin
    replied
    jjr:

I think the risk to an unborn fetus to this level of exposure is minimal to nil. As long as your husband is taking proper precautions, using gloves, using a hood, I see no real danger at all for you getting pregnant.

As for breastfeeding while trying to conceive, remember, millions of women become pregnant while breastfeeding. However, in some cases of severe infertility, or with infertility treatments, most physicians recommend that their patients NOT breastfeed. In these cases, it might not be ideal to breastfeed if you are having infertility treatments.

Tom Hale R.Ph., Ph.D.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    jjr.wlliams,

As long as he is wearing all OSHA guideline protective wear and does not experience any side effects from the environmental exposure it should be ok to continue building your family.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Leave a comment:

• Healthcare workers and chemo TTC and Breastfeeding

My husband is a Pharmacist in a county hospital in the cancer center. He does not directly compound chemo, the techs do that. However, there is a small potential of exposure from surfaces and IV bags. He takes all the proper precautions that are recommended as well as the hospital with the hoods etc. My question is can we safely try to conceive a child while he works there? Also can I continue to breastfeed our 18 month old while trying to conceive i.e. unprotected sex?
Working...
X