Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Avoiding withdrawl for baby before born

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding withdrawl for baby before born

I have a question in regards to taking hydrocodone 10-325. I am now going on almost 35 weeks pregnant. I have been taking the pills daily for approximately 3 months, in last 3 weeks i have gone from 3 daily to 1 in fear my baby will have withdrawls. If i were to continue to take 1 daily what are chances of baby having withdrawls? Or should i stop completely now even if my withdrawls are making me feel like crap? Thank u

ACdurgin:

No one really knows how much hydrocodone is required to induce withdrawal in a newborn. Withdrawing from 3 to 1 daily will certainly help reduce the incidence of withdrawal in the infant. I still imagine some slight symptoms of withdrawal will occur and I'd suggest you stop all together the last 2 weeks of pregnancy...just to be careful.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X