Percocet 5 325 in 3rd trimester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percocet 5 325 in 3rd trimester

Hi...so i am a new mom i had my first baby boy 4.9.2017 Without planning i became pregnant again when my son was 6wks old. Due to the back to back pregnancies my body didn't get a chance to heal i experience severe pain now and have been for over 3months i can't walk sit or even lay down without being in horrid pain so my CNMW put me on oxycodone-acetametaphin5 325 i take up to 2/day. I have bad anxiety&bipolar disorder my pain makes it it worse. I am worried about my baby and how the pain meds will affect him after he is born i am also worried cause i believe i had my bloody show yesterday and have had contractions regularly im worried that the meds might slow labor my ob didn't seem concerned or tell me to stop them yesterday when i talked to her(my CNMW had surgery so am seeing a new ob) what should i do without the pain meds i can't walk nvm carry my 10mnth old last time i was without i was rushed to l&d and my and my baby's heart rate was thru the roof idk what to do and getting depressed i see my ob in 2 days although i feel like the baby might come tonight.

laneymariah,

"Neonates whose mothers have taken oxycodone chronically may exhibit respiratory depression and/or withdrawal symptoms, either at birth and/or in the nursery. Labor and Delivery Oxycodone hydrochloride tablets are not recommended for use in women during or immediately prior to labor. Occasionally, opioid analgesics may prolong labor through actions which temporarily reduce the strength, duration and frequency of uterine contractions. Neonates, whose mothers received opioid analgesics during labor, should be observed closely for signs of respiratory depression. A specific narcotic antagonist, naloxone, should be available for reversal of narcotic-induced respiratory depression in the neonate." (Medications and Mothers' Milk database, Dr Thomas Hale PhD). If you have not already delivered speak with your Ob about how to withdrawal properly so that you do not have any adverse reactions.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-12-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X