No announcement yet.

Preventing Cold/Flu- Airborne? Coldeze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing Cold/Flu- Airborne? Coldeze?

There's some terrible cold/brochial infection going on around my office, and in addition to washing my hands, what can I do to prevent getting sick?
    I'm currently in just the first few weeks of my first trimester, and am finishing up a course of dexamethasone as perscribed by my doctor, which is labeled that it "may lower your ability to fight off infections". I'm also taking a prenatal vitamin, calcium and vitamin D as suggested by my doctor.

Airborne - 1 time a day
    Decaffinated Organic Non GMO Green tea- 1 cup a day
    As a few people in my office are clearly still sick and back at work, if I wore a mask, like you see at a doctor's office, in the vicininty of someone who is coughing with vigor, would that protect me from their germs?

If I get sick, to limit symptoms, could I take....
    Coldeze or Zicam - Zinc Tablets - few times a day
    Ricola lemon mint cough drops
    Ludens Cough Drops

Thank you, and I'd welcome any other suggestions.
    Last edited by MFK19; 01-14-2019, 05:43 PM.

MFK19

I would suggest you avoid using any cold meds while pregnant, particularly during the first trimester.
    Most certainly, do not use Zicam which contains high levels of Zinc.

We do not know with certainty what high levels of Zinc might do to a fetus. We know when it is used in the nose, it destroys our sense of smell, permanently.

Tylenol (acetaminophen) is about the only thing OBs allow patients to use during colds.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X