Conjugated Linoleic Acid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conjugated Linoleic Acid

I was advised to begin taking Ultra CLA by Metagenics for fat loss. Metagenics says it is not recommended while nursing due to the possibility of the toxins in the fat cell being released into my breastmilk. My son is two and only nurses 2x/day (morning and evening). Is there a risk? Can I change the dosage to decrease the risk? Below I've listed all the ingredients in the product I'm looking at.

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) 1,000mg
    Rosemary Leaf Extract (as roseox) 40mg
    ---(Rosmarius officinalis) [standardized to 6% (2.4mg) carnosic acid]

ashleyrich:

Sorry, but this is pure bunk from the manufacturer. They're just trying to suggest their product actually works, which it probably won't.

In addition, most women who breastfeed initially loose wait, so is it contraindicated to loose weight while breastfeeding? I think not.

However, there is some potential risk of abortion should you become pregnant. Natural medicines suggest it is not a good product to use in lactation, either . However, it is less likely to bother a 2 year old, but we can't suggest that it is safe in your situation. Ingestion of large amounts of this product is quite hazardous.

Sorry.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Comment

Working...
    X