Rodan + Fields REDEFINE Regimen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodan + Fields REDEFINE Regimen

I am a breastfeeding mom and would like to use the Rodan + Fields REDEFINE regimen (daily cleansing mask, pore minimizing toner & triple defense treatment SPF 30). The overnight restorative cream contains retinol so I know that is out for now; however, I would like to make sure the other products are safe for my babe before I begin using them. A complete ingredient list can be found on their website, or by googling "rodan and fields redefine ingredient list" Thank you in advance for your help.

TeacherMama, thanks for posting,

Dr Hale looked at the ingredients and said the majority of them looked ok, but some of the ingredients he was not familiar with. The triple defense treatment listed two ingredients that contain salicylic acid in them the Homosalate and the Octisalate. Salicylic acid is rated an L3-no data-probably compatible. Systemic absorption depends on the concentration of the product used, the amount applied, the surface area treated, and duration of use. Absorption increases with the duration of use. The systemic absorption following topical administration has been found to range from 9.3 to 25.1%. Due to significant systemic absorption, prolonged use of topical salicylic acid should be used with some caution. There is a theoretical risk of Reyes Syndrome associated with salicylic acid.

Retinol (tretinoin) used topically is rated L3-no data-probably compatible. Absorption of tretinoin following topical application is reported to be minimal, and in breast milk would likely be minimal to none. However, breastfeeding mothers should not use tretinoin ORALLY as transfer into milk is likely and could have untoward effects in the breastfeeding infant.

Most topical cosmetic products have minimal absorption when used sparingly, but some of these ingredients Dr Hale was not familiar with so we cannot advise properly.

I hope this helps.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
    X