Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often is it safe to receive cortisone shots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akshayv
    replied
    Suffering from plantar fasciitis for over a year made shopping for shoe a difficult task. I had read about Orthofeet and thought I would take a gamble. They are by far the BEST shoe for me. I had cleared my pain up over the winter months and was ready to get back into my walking routine. I bought my Orthofeet and absolutely LOVE them. Can walk three miles and have no pain afterwards. My walking shoes have turned into my working shoes. I will order another pair as soon as I have time to look and decide.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    t wells:

We occasionally here this, but I don't know if it is valid or not. Loosing a milk supply following the use of a corticosteroid doesn't seem logical to me. But we here about some mothers that have a reduced supply.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Leave a comment:

• t wells
    replied
    Hi - I was wondering if anyone who has received cortisone shots experienced a decrease in their milk supply. I am scheduled to receive 2 cortisone shots in my hips for labral tears tomorrow and am having second thoughts. I already called the hotline and they recommended to pump and dump for 12 hours, but I did not ask about the cortisone affecting my milk supply. My son is 21 weeks old and exclusively breastfed.

Leave a comment:

• mmilla
    replied
    Cortisone Shots

Dear Cheryl,
    The steroid dose used in a region, such as your foot, is small and should not bother your baby. Steroids in general transfer poorly into milk, especially if injected locally. It looks like you are needing the shots every 2 months and that is probably ok. If you were to require higher doses of steroids more frequently then it would be a good idea to have your child's pediatrician monitor for any growth problems. I hope this is helpful.
    Maria Milla, MD
    InfantRisk Center

Leave a comment:

• happymom
    started a topic How often is it safe to receive cortisone shots?

How often is it safe to receive cortisone shots?

I have an almost 6-month-old baby who is exclusively breastfed. 7 weeks ago I received two cortisone shots, one in each foot, that contained kenalog and dexamethasone. They helped a lot with the pain but are already wearing off. Can I get another set of shots at this time? What, if any, is the risk to my baby when I get these shots. How often can I safely get these shots while breastfeeding.

Thank you so much.

Cheryl
Working...
X