Breastfeeding and Panic Attacks-HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastfeeding and Panic Attacks-HELP!

My baby is 5 weeks old, ive been breastfeeding exclusively. Ive suffered from depression and panic attacks for the past 10 years. I stayed on lexapro the entire time i was pregnant. Now after my grandma passing a few days ago and stress at home my panic disorder is through the roof. I was taking klonopin before pregnancy and it worked well for me. I have been to 3 different doctors the past week and NONE of them can tell me if its safe to go back to using or not!!!! Should i go back to klonopin, try a different benzo or just formula feed??? How long after taking the kpin is it ok to nurse???
    So stressed out and not getting any help!!!! 😰😰😰😰😰😰😰

betsy:

About 2.8% of the dose of Klonopin gets into milk and the infant. I'd suggest you use the lowest dose possible to control your panic attack. Most infants do just fine, we do have the rare report of some sedation in a 36 weeker.

At 5 weeks of age, your infant is even less susceptible, so I'd suggest you talk with your physician and start a low dose and titrate upward until you are comfortable.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Comment

Working...
    X