Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botox and breastfeeding

Hello,
    I have read numerous posts on this site already and it seems like it’s perfectly safe. wanting to just get small amount of Botox just for my crows feet. I know it seems ridiculous to do if there’s any chance of it passing through my milk, but after all I’ve read it seems like it’s perfectly safe and too large of a molecule to pass?
    Last edited by Akybrown; 01-17-2020, 04:35 PM.

Akybrown,

Botox is rated an L3-no data-probably compatible. "When used in the form of Botox, and injected properly, it is extremely unlikely to ever enter the plasma or milk compartment. A brief interruption of a few hours to ascertain that none has entered the plasma would all but eliminate any possible complications in a breastfeeding mother. Further, because this product is so large, it would have an extremely difficult time entering the milk compartment." (Medications and Mothers' Milk database, Dr Thomas Hale, PhD).

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center

Comment

Hello,
      When I was pregnant, I also asked myself the same question, because I did Botulinum injections, which I bought on the website Dkderma. After I read a lot of information, I realized that the probability that the drug will get into plasma or milk is very, very small. Therefore, you can not worry, but to be sure, you can contact your doctor and consult with him again.
      Last edited by Alise; 10-27-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X