Femara (Letrozole) for 5 Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Femara (Letrozole) for 5 Days

My son is turning 2 this month. He still breastfeeds each morning and most nights before bed and a few other times during the day on weekends (so 2-6 times per day).

I have PCOS and I needed help ovulating. I used Femara to conceive him. I took 10 mg for five days (days 4-8 of my cycle). It worked and I got pregnant that month.

My reproducitive endocrinologist said we could try that again to conceive our second child soon, but I was wondering if it was safe to take for even five days.

If Femara is not safe, are there any other medications that are, such as Clomid, Bravelle, Menopur, Follistim, Gonal-F, etc.? Clomid would also be taken for 5 days only; I don't know about the others.
    Last edited by angel1823; 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM.

Angel:

Femara is somewhat hazardous, particularly to a female infant and possibly to a male infant. I doubt that you are making enough milk at 2 years that it is much of a risk. But my advice would be to stop breastfeeding. This product could suppress estrogen levels and impair bone growth. Yes, even males have some estrogen.

I really doubt it is much of a danger in a male infant, but I don't know for sure and I'd be uncomfortable advising you its safe.

Tom Hale PH.D.

Comment

Thanks. I was wondering about the others too that I mentioned, such as Clomid and the injectables like Bravelle, Menopur, Follistim, etc. I am wondering if any of these would be safer?

Comment

Working...
      X