Provera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provera

I would like to know if provera is safe to take while breastfeeding. I saw a few posts talking about clomid and femera, but did not see any details regarding provera. I, like many other women, struggled to get pregnant. Provera + clomid worked for me. I am going to see my doctor next week, and would like to know before hand of any research before I request these drugs. My daughter is 11 months old and breastfeeds in the morning and night, and I pump 2 times a day. In the next 3 weeks, I will cut down to one pump a day, then stop pumping closer to her one year mark.

Additionally, my cycle has not yet returned. So that is the reason for requesting provera.

Thanks!

turbo83,

The main concern with Provera is that it may decrease milk supply in certain women, but your milk supply will slowly start to decline naturally after 6 months when the infant starts on other foods and with pregnancy itself. Studies have concluded that there are no risks of breastfed infants having growth and developmental impairment.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
    X