Linzess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linzess

I have pelvic dysfunction and have a hard time going to the bathroom and linzess works wonders for my bowels. Wondering if linzess is safe to take while breastfeeding? I took it before I was pregnant and I would take one pill every week or so. I didn't take it on a daily bases.
    Thanks!
    Stephanie

Csgreen2005,

Linzess is rated an L3-no data-probably compatible. It is not known whether (Linzess) linaclotide is excreted in human milk. However, its ability to transfer into human milk is probably low because neither the parent drug or its active metabolite are measurable in plasma following the recommended oral dose. Monitor your infant for diarrhea.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519
    Last edited by Sandra; 05-12-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Breastfeeding and Linzess Study

A clinical research study is being conducted at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics evaluating the amount of linaclotide (Linzess) and its active metabolite that are present in breast milk. Women ages 18-45 who are actively breast feeding and taking linaclotide (Linzess) for either IBS-Constipation or Chronic Idiopathic Constipation are invited to participate.

If you qualify for this study and agree to participate, you will not be charged for any study related examinations, procedures or medications. You may receive up to $1250 for completing this study. Any travel to the study center will also be reimbursed.

Study participation involves approximately 5 visits, including 1 overnight visit.

To learn more about this study please contact via phone or email:
      Jessica Valestin
      (319) 384-9756
      jessica-valestin AT uiowa DOT edu

Comment

Working...
      X