Vyvanse with Adderall IR booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vyvanse with Adderall IR booster

In researching online, I saw both Vyvanse and Adderall themselves looked to be breastfeeding compatible but I wasn’t sure if they were safe when taken in the same day and what the threshold was for a “low dose”. For instance, I was Rx 40 mg vyvanse and it’s to be taken in the morning. I seemed to be a rapid metabolizer of adhd meds in the past and they would wear off quickly so I was Rx 2 Adderall IR boosters as well which I could take one mid day and then another one couple hours later so let’s say vyvanse early morning like 7, one IR booster at 11 or 12 than another at 2 pm then latest. The IR boosters at 10 mg but can be broken in half as well like taking only 5 mg at a time. Basically the total max daily dosage could break down as 40 mg vyvanse taken first thing in am and then 2 10 mg IR Adderall in divided doses = 60 mg dextroamphetamine spread out throughout the day or it could be less like a 40 mg vyvanse in the morning with just one 10 mg booster or a 10 mg adderall IR tablets broken in half and taken as 2 doses spread out equaling 50 mg dextroamphetamine per day.

I nurse a 4 year old so I wasn’t sure if that could impact a child less since they’re older. He still nurses quite a bit though and isn’t one who just nurses like once or twice a day. He is about 45 lbs.

I appreciate your help. Also, I was curious what the safe threshold would be just for the IR doses for the day just because I might just end up taking a couple/few doses of that instead.

Thanks

Stratton1019: There is no way to tell if these doses would affect a 4 year old child, other than observing for insomnia, poor weight gain, and excitement. I really doubt that the clinical dose transferred in milk at 4 years postpartum is significant or even measurable. Generally a women's milk production is really minimal after 1-2 years, much less at 4 years.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X