CBD Oil and 13 month old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBD Oil and 13 month old

Hi! I know CBD is quite the controversial subject these days. Do you know anything about CBD and bf a baby who is on solids? My daughter is 13 months and I'll be weaning soon. However, I'm wondering if since she eats alot of food and much less milk is it okay to bf while taking CBD? I would bf longer if I can still take CBD. Otherwise, I will wean sooner.

I took CBD before I become pregnant at the end of 2017 and stopped taking it. I had somewhat good results for anxiety and migraines and would like to resume. The only thing that is stopping me is breastfeeding.

Stand:

There are no data that I know of that clearly determine the levels of CBD in human milk. Some obviously does get into milk, but the oral absorption by the infant would be only 1-5% of the super low doses in milk. Thus I think this risk is minimal, but there is still some CBD in milk that will be absorbed by your infant.

At this time, we don't recommend the use of cannabis, or CBD in breastfeeding moms, but in your case at 13 months, the risk is probably remote.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X