Injectable FSH for IVF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injectable FSH for IVF

Hi, I currently have a 16 month old who breastfeeds 10+ times. We are considering another IVF to conceive a second child. Due to my diagnosis, ovulatory stimulation drugs are the only way we can conceive.

In the past I've taken Lupron, Bravelle, Menopur, Pregnyl and Progesterone suppositories.

Are Lupron, Bravelle and Menopur safe to take while breastfeeding? At this point, the dosage is unknown. I'm assuming the HCG and Progesterone are safe?

Thank you

edugatorgirl:

Lupron is ok, even if in milk it would be unabsorbed. Same for Bravelle, Menopur, Pregnyl and progesterone suppositories, minimal amount in milk and unabsorbed orally by baby.

However, I must tell you that every reproductive endocrinologist and obstetrician I've talked with, all say the same thing, that breastfeeding may reduce your probability of getting pregnant. Why waste all this money if your continued breastfeeding may be contraindicated in your situation.

I know, many women want to continue to breastfeed and thats wonderful, but when spending all this money in trying to get pregnant, I'm not sure its advisable to continue breastfeeding during this treatment.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X