Domperidone- BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domperidone- BEWARE

I wanted to write this post and get my information out there to hopefully prevent what happened to me.
    I ordered Domperidone from a website out of Thailand, as encouraged on a Facebook site where thousands of women were doing this. I wanted to increase my breastmilk supply. I regret this! And threw this drug away! It gave me severe heart palpitations, and felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. It was the scariest moment in my life. I couldn't breathe, and my whole body was trembling. I went to the ER, and it showed arrhythmia. This was caused from the Dom, as I have never had a heart problem ever. There are reports of many many mothers who also had this reaction. And suffer side effects from this even after a year. I had this heart problem and what felt like a heart attack for 6 weeks after stopping this! Read online and you will see others' stories of the dangerous weaning of Domperidone.
    Its not worth it. It is very dangerous.

Peppermint77:

Sorry that you had this response. Domperidone is known to induce arrhythmias in the rare patient. Almost always, its at extremely high doses ( > 90 mg/day), or in patients who already have prolonged QT syndrome.

I'd suggest you see a cardiologist AFTER a week or so to see if you might have a prolonged QT problem.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Comment

I was only taking 60mg/day.

Comment

Peppermint:

I'm serious about seeing someone that can check your heart rhythm.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X