Transfer FActor Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer FActor Plus

I am a LLL Leader and I am posting on behalf of a mother in my group. Her doctor has recommended she take Transfer Factor Plus to help her immune system. We are unclear as to if this is safe to take while breastfeeding. Her baby is very young (under 6 months) and if not safe, she would have to "pump and dump" for at least two weeks, which as I am sure you understand, could put her milk supply at risk. Any help is appreciated. Here are the list of ingredients:
    The ingredients include:**

Maitake and Shiitake Mushrooms which contain beta-glucan which has been associated with immune modulation. Studies have shown this may inhibit the growth of tumors in cancerous mice. Some human clinical studies using this in malignancies are underway.*
    Cordyceps is a dried fungus which grows on caterpillar larvae. It is rich in polysaccharides to help activate immune system response. It is used in traditional Chinese medicine.*
    Inositol Hexaphosphate (IP6) also aids in immune regulation and the regulation of a variety of important cellular functions. IP6 is found in nuts, seeds, grains and legumes and is the main source of energy for the germinating plant. Animal studies have suggested anti-cancer benefits. IP6 also helps to keep blood platelets from clumping together, lowers lipids, and inhibits HIV virus replication.*
    ThymuPro which boosts the thymus (immune regulating gland) in your body.*

ckthom:

Sorry, I can't really help you. We don't have any breastfeeding data on these herbs.

I certainly can't tell you its safe.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Dr. Hale.

Comment

Working...
      X