70 mg of Vyvanse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 mg of Vyvanse

My daughter is 2 weeks old. I just started back on 70 mg of Vyvanse daily. My plan is to breastfeed first thing in the morning and then take my medicine, abstain from breastfeeding during the day, and pump/breastfeed at night. If I wait the 12 hours, will the medication be cleared from my system by then?

Hello, would it be possible to get some advice on my inquiry above? It would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Mamaof3,

Vyvanse is rated an L3-limited data-probably compatible. The amount that transfers into your breast milk is 1.8-6.2% of your dose. We recommend keeping the dose low at about 30mg or less a day and then you could continue to nurse as long as your infant is not symptomatic. Monitor your infant for agitation, irritability, poor sleeping patterns, poor weight gain. The higher doses are more likely to cause side effects. The half-life of Vyvanse is 6.8 hours. If you are waiting 12 hours to nurse after a dose and using formula during the day your infant is not likely getting much of your medication. You can try it and see how your infant tolerates this dosing regimen, but if they become symptomatic we would recommend lowering the dose.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
      InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
      X