Breastfeeding 10-month old 2x daily on Adderall IR 15mg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastfeeding 10-month old 2x daily on Adderall IR 15mg

I just started 15mg Adderall 1x daily for ADHD (prescribed 2x but I don't need the increased concentration time/don't want to increase exposure to baby). Psych felt fine knowing I am only nursing 7am for about 5-7 minutes and 7pm for about 5-7 minutes. I take the Adderall at 8am. Baby is a 100 percentile height & 80 percentile weight male who consumes a large amount of food and formula. Just looking for reassurance on this medication/plan with a baby of this age (should be noted I do take nightly low dose Zoloft & Lamotrigine for bipolar type II. Pysch & pedi felt comfortable with this treatment plan as I waited until 6 months to begin those drugs and risk/benefit. No side effects have been observed by the Zoloft & Lamotrigine for past 4+ months)

texasmama,

Adderall is rated an L3-limited data-probably compatible. The amount that transfers into breast milk is 2.46-7.25% of your dose. We recommend keeping the dose low (20mg a day or less), and avoiding the peak times of the first 2 hours. Monitor for Agitation, hyperactivity, insomnia, decreased appetite, weight gain, tremor.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
    X