Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastfeeding 12mo on Vyvanse?

Hi,

My daughter is about to turn 12 months. Before becoming pregnant, I was taking 50mg of vyvanse daily. I have not taken it while breastfeeding this past year. She is nursing once a day, around 5:00am. If I take the medication at 7am, would it be safe to breastfeed her in the morning before taking it? How long would it stay in my system before her next feed about 22 hours later? Thanks

Liladmae,

Vyvanse is rated an L3- limited data-probably compatible. The amount that transfers into breast milk is 1.8-6.2% of your dose. It is most concentrated in the milk at 3.5 hours and half of the medication is is out of your plasma and milk in 6.8 hours. We recommend if you keep the dose low around 20-30mg a day you can continue to breastfeed as long as your infant is not symptomatic. Since your infant is older and only nursing once a day and you are waiting 22 hours to nurse it is probably ok at 50mg a day. At 22 hours it would be about 87% out. Monitor for agitation, irritability, poor sleeping patterns, poor weight gain.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
    X