Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Malaria - artimether and lumefrantine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaria - artimether and lumefrantine

My client has been detected with malairia and is about to be given Injection only artimether, amd drug a combo of artimether and lumefrantine. I am unable to find informarion on this baby is 10 months and mom is breastfeeding. Urgent help needed pls

Effathyasmin,

I spoke with Dr Hale about these medications since we do not have them in our data base and we do not have any studies on them. He advised to wait 4 hours to breastfeed after the injection of Artimether. It has a short half life of 2 hours so in 4 hours 75% of the medication has been cleared. With the combo medication of Artimether and Lumefrantine he advised probably ok to use for short term of about a week since it is used in infants as young as 2 months of age, and in pregnant women.

I hope this helps.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
    X