Lisinopril and other medications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisinopril and other medications

Hi - I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. Prior to finding out I was pregnant I was on Lisinopril which really worked to lower my blood pressure. Currently I am on Aldomet 3x a day, I think 250mg each tablet. I was hoping to switch back to Lisinopril once I give birth but I am concerned about breastfeeding. Is there a safe medication to take? The Aldomet is working but I see greater fluctuations in my blood pressure then when I was on the Lisinopril. I also normally take Flonase, Asmenex, Singular and Celexa when not pregnant. I am pretty sure I shouldn't take Celexa but what about the others. Do you have any advice or should I resign myself to using formula. Thank you. -Kate

Dear Mommyk8,
    Lisinopril is probably safe to use while breastfeeding. Although we don't have any data on the use of this medication and breastfeeding, we do have information on the safety of similar drugs such as enalapril and captopril. These two drugs would be suitable alternatives. You should speak to your doctor before starting any medication. Hope this is helpful.
    Maria Milla, MD
    InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
    X