X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandra
    replied
    Junebaby2015,

Celexa is rated an L2-limited data-probably compatible. The amount transferred is 3.56-5.37% of your dose.

Wellbutrin-[COLOR=#333333][FONT=lucida grande]There was a case report of one infant who had a seizure at 6 months of age, this seizure occurred after the mother had taken two doses of 150mg SR about 36 hours apart (she had been on the drug pre-pregnancy/then stopped during pregnancy). At the time of the seizure the infant was not known to be febrile but did have a respiratory tract infection; therefore, a febrile seizure could not be ruled out.

Sandra Lovato[/FONT][/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• Junebaby2015
    replied
    does Celexa have same rating as Wellbutrin? Besides reducing mom's milk supply, are there any other reports that indicate its not safe for babies? In Dr. Hale's smartphone application, it reports one baby had seizures from this medicine, do you have any data on that? I'm very worried to start this medicine, thanks so much for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Sandra
    replied
    Junebaby2015,

Wellbutrin is rated an L3-limited data-probably compatible. The amount transferred into milk is 0.2-2% of your dose. If your infant is doing well with the other medications adding this one will probably be ok. We have had a few reports of this medication reducing the moms milk supply, but other wise just monitor the infant for s[COLOR=#333333][FONT=lucida grande]edation or irritability, not waking to feed/poor feeding and weight gain.

I hope this helps.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519[/FONT][/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• HELP. Adding Wellbutrin 75mg to Celexa 40 mg and Clonazepam 1.25mg

Hope you can help me with my current medical situation. My baby is almost 6 months old. During pregnancy, I was on Celexa 40 mg, no problems at all. After delivery, I went back to taking Clonazepam (at night) 1.0 mg so I can sleep. These two medications did not any bad effects on my baby. Still wakes up 3 times at night for feedings. My provider added Wellbutrin 75 mg to take in the morning, she stated that Celexa and Wellbutrin is a popular combination and I should not have any problems. I read up the info on Wellbutrin in your medicine application and I'm having a hard time understanding if it's safe or not. Please help me and let me know if it is safe and if I should continue with Wellbutrin. Thank you so much for your help.
Working...
X