Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellbutrin XL questions

Hi,
    I am taking 150 mg of Wellbutrin XL and 100 mg of Zoloft while breastfeeding. I was taking the Wellbutrin in the late morning, and noticed sleeplessness in my 5 month old daughter around the same time. As there are many reasons -including the fact that there appears to be a tooth barely poking through - that infants become sleepless, I am wondering if this is a coincidence. I know peak plasma concentrations of Wellbutrin are 5 hours after after the dose. If my daughter is exhibiting symptoms from the drug, when would they be seen? If she was ingesting breast milk with the maximum concentration around 3-4pm, could that be related? I have started taking my dose right before bed to see if this helps her sleep.

Also, should grapefruit be avoided by users of Wellbutrin? And, if so, should breastfeeding infants and toddlers also avoid grapefruit, or is there not enough of the drug in breast milk to matter?

Lastly, when my daughter is ready to wean, will there be any withdrawal side effects?

Thank you!

jambrose:

I'd suggest its not the Wellbutrin. I'd talk with your physician or pediatrician. Grapefruit is not contraindicated with Wellbutrin.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X