Esketamine and older nursling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esketamine and older nursling

Hello, I am considering taking Spravato and have been advised to completely wean my 2 year old. She currently nurses once per day in the evening. Would I be able to continue nursing if I skipped nursing on the day of treatment? Or would she still have exposure? How long does it take to completely eliminate the drug from my system? I know she does not need to nurse for nutrition but I still love it as a bonding time.
    Thank you!

Hi Ann,

We've actually got a full article on infantrisk.com, although it is dense ([url]https://www.infantrisk.com/content/esketamine-breastfeeding[/url]). We've also got some more info that will be published soon on ketamine...the levels we found in milk after ketamine infusions were very low. Skipping nursing the day of treatment would be a conservative option with a two-year-old.

Kaytlin Krutsch, PharmD

Comment

Hi Dr. Krutsch,

Thank you so much for your response. The article was very interesting and I look forward to reading the new research. Will it include data on how long it takes until the medication is undetectable in breastmilk?

Thank you,
      Kate

Comment

Working...
      X