X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnnW
    replied
    Dr. Hale,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I appreciate it.

-AnnW

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    AnnW:

I can't really answer wether your infant is at higher risk for seizures, but I doubt it.

If Zoloft is not working for you, then you have a lot of choices. The risk of Seizures with Wellbutrin is often misunderstood. The risk is only significant, IF you or your infant already has had a history of seizures in the past.

If you or your infant has NO history of seizures, then I'd suggest the risk is low. In addition, the dose of Wellbutrin in milk is quite low and probably subclinical to your infant.

There are a lot of other antidepressants that have been studied in breastfeeding mothers.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Leave a comment:

• AnnW
    started a topic Wellbutrin and zoloft

Wellbutrin and zoloft

I am planning to cross taper off of Zoloft on to Wellbutrin due to side effects on Zoloft. I am on 100 mg of Zoloft right now and I would go down to 50 mg Zoloft and start 150 mg of Wellbutrin xl. Then after 4-6 weeks, I would go off the Zoloft and potentially go up to 300 mg Wellbutrin xl. I am nursing a 6 month old. I know there have been a couple of reports of seizures in babies whose mom is on Wellbutrin. My nephew has epilepsy and my sister has had a seizure in response to a medication (Lariam). Does the fact that people in my family have had seizures mean that my baby is at greater risk for seizures if I take Wellbutrin while nursing? Should I avoid Wellbutrin altogether? Or is my baby’s risk of seizure the same as the general population?
Working...
X