Trintellix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trintellix

I know Trintellix is a new drug but have any studies been made on its use while breastfeeding? I know it is used for depression my doctor said she has seen it work well with anxiety.

Momof3littles,

Trintellix is rated an L3-no data-probably compatible. We do not have any studies yet on this medication. "This medication has a small molecular weight and long half-life; however, its large volume of distribution (37 L/kg) and high protein binding (98%) suggest it will most likely enter milk at levels similar to other antidepressants. In the absence of specific data regarding this medication or its antidepressant class (SMSs) in breastfeeding mothers, we recommended to use medications with more extensive clinical experience and research in lactation (e.g. SSRIs, SNRIs)." (Medications and Mothers' Milk database, Dr Thomas Hale PhD). If other medications with more data have not helped you in the past we think you could try this medication and see if your infant tolerates it. Monitor your infant for Sedation or irritability, not waking to feed/poor feeding and poor weight gain, as long as your infant is not symptomatic you could continue to nurse.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
    X