Zoloft, Prozac & Klonopin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoloft, Prozac & Klonopin

I have a 7.5 month old infant who I was only breastfeeding a small portion of each day, giving about 3-4 oz of my milk at this point (and 25 oz of formula). I was on 200 mg of Zoloft up until 2 weeks ago, and she did fine the entire time (initially she got much more of my milk). Two weeks ago, i started a switch to Prozac and have been weaning Zoloft while increasing Prozac. I went down to 150 of Zoloft/20 of Prozac, then 100 of zoloft/20 of Prozac, and this week I am taking 50 zoloft/40 Prozac. Next week, I will be on 60 Prozac with no Zoloft. I’ve also been on .5 mg of Klonopin nightly for the past two weeks. Anyway, I completely stopped breastfeeding 2 weeks ago, because was afraid of her getting serotonin syndrome from the two SSRIs combined, and also worried about the klonopin. Ive been pumping on and off and am still producing milk, just not a lot. And I really miss latching her on, even if she’s not getting much. Would it be safe to still feed her a few ounces a day under these circumstances (50 zoloft, 40 Prozac and .5 klonopin )? Or should I wait until next week when I am only on Prozac and klonopin? Thank you so much.

Jojo:

Yes, continue feeding her. At this age, and the amount of milk you are producing, the clinical dose to the infant is miniscule.

Not to worry.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X