Up to date info on Effexor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up to date info on Effexor

I am on baby number 3. I have had ppd with my others kids as with different accompanying symptoms. I am now doing my best to minimize symptoms and am on 37.5mg of Effexor with a 4week old. What is the difference between tablet and capsule? Would you recommend one over the other while breastfeeding? What is the newest information on Effexor while nursing? With my last baby they didn't want me to go over 75 mg.

Momof3littles,

Effexor is rated an L2-limited data-probably compatible. The amount that transfers is 6.8-8.1% of your dose. A normal adult dose is 75-225mg a day. The capsule is the extended release form and the tablet is immediate release. One form is not really recommended over the other. The extended release capsule just slowly releases medication through out the day verses taking a smaller dose twice a day (if needed) with the immediate release tablet. We say it is probably ok to nurse with this medication as long as your infant is not symptomatic. Monitor for sedation or irritability, not waking to feed/poor feeding and weight gain.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
    X