Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kolopin

Hi,

I suffered with PPD with my son and decided to not take anything because of breastfeeding. I had twins three weeks ago and my obgyn prescribed Zoloft but it gave me diarrhea and insomnia. They then switched me to Wellbutrin. I was on that two days prior to a psychiatrist at a post partum/mood distorted clinic advising me wellbutrin wasn't a fit cause I have big anxiety problems. She prescribed me 10 mg of celexa (which I'm to cut in half for the first few days) and kolopin .25mg for sleeping and told me I can take 1-2 at bedtime then up to 3 during the day if needed. I'm suffering from really bad ppd but I don't want to hurt or risk my infants. Is it still ok to breastfed?

Klgordon87,

Celexa is rated an L2-limited data-probably compatible. The amount that transfers into breast milk is 3.56-5.37% of your dose. We say it is probably ok to nurse as long as your infant is not symptomatic, monitor for sedation or irritability, not waking to feed/poor feeding and weight gain.

Klonopin is rated an L3-limited- probably compatible. The amount that transfers into breast milk is 2.8% of your dose. This medication has a long half-life if 18-50 hours, so take as little as you need to help with your condition, but it is probably safe if you keep the dose low and your infant is not symptomatic, monitor for sedation, slowed breathing rate, not waking to feed/poor feeding and weight gain.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
    X