Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accidental Aspirin Ingestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Accidental Aspirin Ingestion

    I am breastfeeding my toddler (26 month). Unfortunately I had some indigestion/nausea and so someone gave me Alka-Seltzer, which I didn't realize until later that it contained a massive dose of Aspirin (325mg/tab, and I took 2 doses of 2 tabs each, so 4 tabs total). Then I fed my toddler. He's not currently particularly sick, but he does have sniffle and scratchy throat which he seems to have had off and on for most of the winter. I feel so bad now that I realized and I am very worried about Reye syndrome. How long do I have to watch him for? And when can I feed him again? Thank you so much for your help!
Working...
X