Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Breastfeeding my 4 week old, but had to take 3 kinds of antibiotics, pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastfeeding my 4 week old, but had to take 3 kinds of antibiotics, pls help

Hi, i just had a post op c-section wound infection, and needed to take the following antibiotics for 2 weeks

Clindamycin 300mg (4 times a day)
    Ciprofloxacin 500mg (2 times a day)
    Doxycycline 100mg (2 times a day)

can i take these antibiotics safely all at the same time, while breastfeeding my 4 week old infant? I really want to breastfeed him, and don't want to pump and dump as much as possible. Pls advise. Thank you so much.

Susannuts:

This is probably TOO much and I'd worry about inalterably changing your infants gut microbiome. I'd suggest your pump and discard for these 2 weeks. But, keep your milk supply up. I would not recommend you feed this milk to your infant. Maybe you could purchase Donor Human Milk instead.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X