Cipro and clydamicin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cipro and clydamicin

I have infection going on the my face and was prescribed cipro twice a day and clydamicin 3times a day. Should i try to pump and dump and bottle feed for next 10 days? Or is it safe. Doctor said its safe but my mind is telling otherwide. Please help

Gitcka,

Cipro is rated an L3-limited data-probably compatible. The amount that transfers into breast milk is 0.44-6.34% of your dose. We think short term use of (2 weeks or less) is probably ok as long as your infant is not symptomatic. We do recommend waiting 4 hours (a half-life) after a dose to nurse to reduce exposure to the medication. Monitor your infant for vomiting, diarrhea, rash and thrush.

Clindamycin is rated an L2-limited data-probably compatible. The amount that transfers into breast milk is only 0.9-1.8% of your dose. We think short term use is ok as long as your infant is not symptomatic. Take the medication after nursing so you have a break before nursing again (half-life is 2.4 hours). Monitor your infant for vomiting, diarrhea, rash and thrush.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
    X