Cimzia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cimzia

I would like to know if it's safe to continue nursing my 2 1/2 month old son while taking Cimzia.

I would like some information on this as well I will probably be starting it in January and would love to continue to breastfeed!!!

Comment

Dear berriboo,

There are no human breastmilk studies available for Cimzia (certolizumab pegol). Animal studies show minimal transfer into milk, and no antibodies were detected in the nursing pups. The molecular weight is very large; and therefore, not likely to transfer into human milk. Until we have actual data, we can not say for sure how much, if any, Cimzia enters breastmilk but due to its kinetic profile it appears to be compatible with breastfeeding. Let me know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,
      Cindy Pride, MSN, CPNP
      TTUHSC InfantRisk Center

Comment

Dear Amie,

There are no human breastmilk studies available for Cimzia (certolizumab pegol). Animal studies show minimal transfer into milk, and no antibodies were detected in the nursing pups. The molecular weight is very large; and therefore, not likely to transfer into human milk. Until we have actual data, we can not say for sure how much, if any, Cimzia enters breastmilk but due to its kinetic profile it appears to be compatible with breastfeeding. Let me know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,
        Cindy Pride, MSN, CPNP
        TTUHSC InfantRisk Center

Comment

cimzia human breastmilk study

i just finished participation in a study looking at cimzia and breastfeeding. very exciting!!
          cribandcradlestudy dot com

Comment

Mkoechling:

Great. As soon as I can get the paperwork done, the InfantRisk Center is going to start recruiting for this study as well. Your participation is the only way we get information to help other moms.

Thank you for your participation.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Comment

Working...
            X