Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

RA Medication and nursing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RA Medication and nursing

I am a little confused as to why Plaquenil and Prednisone are ok to take during nursing a baby older than 6 months, but why the doctor says I must wean in order to take orencia- all these drugs are rated Catergory C. Wanted to know if anyone has nursed on Orenica?

RA Medication and nursing

Dear amejiamoore,
    We currently have no data on the transfer of Orencia (Abatacept) into milk and that is probably why your doctor is recommending you to wean. However, we do know that the molecular weight of this drug is extremely large (92 kilodaltons) and therefore the likelihood of this drug transferring into milk is minimal. I hope this is helpful.
    Maria Milla, MD
    InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
    X