Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Please help-need advice on all medications for pain/infections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help-need advice on all medications for pain/infections

Since my son was born 8 months ago, I have been very sick. I keep getting infections (primarily staph), mastitis, strep throat, recurrent sinusitis (havin surgery march 8th), migraines, stress fracture in lower back, now episcleritis, damaged sciatic nerve, a concussion which caused pcs, post postpartum depression, severe anxiety since i was 8, eating disorder since ge 14, that is now under control, but not great. Right now but I am 5'4" 98lbs and 27 yo.

I exclusively breastfeed. I feel like I am on a ton of medications and I am so afraid I am ruining my poor son, my doctors don't now if I have some autoimmune disease which is causing all of the infections. I have been on pain medications almost the whole time since he has been born for the reasons listed above. Rut now I am prescribed clonazeoam 1mg at night, Zoloft 50mg in the morning, oxycodone 5mg 3x day, voltaren ( which I have not taken yet bc on pharmacy handout is says in caps Do NOT breastfeed while taking this medication, I also take senna, Miralax, cola e. The fioricet for migraines. I just finished 10 days of keflex, but I have been on that 4 times since he was born, I have been in augmentin 3 times since he was born and amoxilpcillin 2 times since he was born.

Am I going to damage my Child. All of my doctors know I am breastfeeding, but I am so worried bc I have been taking so many medications while feeding spencer. None of them are listed as l4, but as a medical professional, what would you advise? I feel awful that he has all of those chemicals in his body, but the bonding experience while breastfeeding is incomparable to anything else. I did not get to breastfeed my daughter and I feel so lucky to be able to feed my son. I just don't want to ruin his body. Thank you for your help
    Kerri

Dear Kerri,

Thank you for your call to the InfantRisk Center. Let us know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,
    Cindy Pride, MSN CPNP
    TTUHSC InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
    X