Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Long term use of Vicodin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long term use of Vicodin

Dear good doctors and nurses,

I'm a mother of a two year old and we are still nursing on demand. I have taken Vicodin off and on for the last two years for endometriosis and chronic back and neck pain. I rarely take more than 2.5 mg at a time with a max daily dose of 7.5mg, spaced over 24 hours. I didn't worry much because this is such a small dose and I took it very inconsistently. But, I'm wondering if there is any chance my child could have a "buildup" of meds in her system from having a long term exposure. Also, could this medication have affected her teeth in any way? Causing weak enamel or weak baby teeth in general? I know it may seem odd that I'm worried now, but it only takes one article to make me question everything and now I could kick myself in the rear for not asking these questions two years ago.

thank you

Soi\sen:

There's no such problem with a buildup of hydrocodone in you infant. Is rapidly and entirely cleared within 12-24 hours.
    Further, I've never heard of teeth problems with opiates such as hydrocodone.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X