Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Procedure that involved lidocaine with epinephrine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure that involved lidocaine with epinephrine

Yesterday I had a procedure (Mohs surgery) during which lidocaine with epinephrine was used at three different points - those three instances occurred within a 4 hour window and involved multiple injections (all centered around the skin cancer lesion on my forehead).

I am breastfeeding a 3 week old, 9lb baby - I’ve been pumping/dumping but curious when I will be able to resume feeding?

Thanks!

Cactusclub:

When feeling comes back in the incision, you can go ahead and breastfeed. This is generally 3-4 hours. Lidocaine is not a big problem in breastfeeding...particularly the intradermal injections.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Thanks, Tom.

And to clarify - the epinephrine does not create any longer lasting issues?

Comment

Cactus: The half life of epinephrine is only 2 minutes. Its gone really quickly.

Tom Hale

Comment

Working...
        X