Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketoprofen use!

Hello!
    I had a wisdom tooth extracted a few days ago. I took Ibuprofen(less than 2400mg/day), but the pain got much worse and I took 2 pills of Ketoprofen(25mg each) for 2 days.
    I exclusively pump and I haven't given the milk to my baby yet. Is it safe to feed it to her or can it hurt her? She is 8 months old now.
    i am now back to Ibuprofen(2400mg/day) just to avoid Ketoprofen, even though the pain is very bad.
    Please let me know how to proceed!
    Thank you!

Silvia: I'm not of the opinion that you should use "old contaminated" milk if you don't really have to. I would not give it to your infant at this point (several days after).

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Dr Hale,
      Thank you for your response. It's milk from yesterday and from 2 days ago, properly stored in the freezer. I have a very low milk supply, therefore any oz of milk is important for me and my baby. I was busy at work and didn't have time to contact you any sooner!
      Should I understand that Ketoprofen has passed in the milk and it is not safe to be given? I will be having another 2 extractions next month and I would like to know how to proceed then as well.

Comment

SilviaCostinescu,

Ketoprofen only transfers 0.3% of moms dose and Ibuprofen only transfers 0.1-0.7% of moms dose. I think you could probably use this milk since you have a low supply.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
        InfantRisk Center
        806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
        X