Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domperidone 2.0

Hi there,

I attended a live webinar with your team a few months ago and I have in my notes that there is a newer version or a better version of domperidone that is being studied.

Neither myself nor my colleagues caught the actual name of the drug and were hoping that you could share that information when you have a moment.

Thank you for all that you do.

Jacqui

Hi Jacqui,

There are a few exciting things on the horizon. I've mentioned deudomperidone before; it is being studied for gastroparesis (not lactation). It is not currently available; clinical trials notoriously take a long time.

Best,
    Dr. Krutsch

Comment

Thanks Dr. Krutsch,

That was it! Pretty sure domperidone wasn't originally studied for lactation either. Amazing how off label use happens sometimes.

Well I can safely say that we are all waiting for something to come out that has good results to help with boosting breastmilk and that will be approved in the US. Please keep us posted (I know you will)!

So tough when so many people need help, breastfeeding medications are so few and far between, different countries have different "rules" and the ones that are available can often have so many unpleasant side effects.

Yes, trials take a long time - although we could see with the COVID vaccines, they can be accelerated when needed.

Thanks again for the quick response! Jacqui

Comment

Working...
      X